Project One: Robot Race Cars:
- You can make your NXT Race car in any fashion you would like with the kit provided. You may not use two sets of LEGOs to make one race car.
- Your Robot can start with its wheels straight on any of the starting lines. You can start side by side or opposite on the track
- Your Robot has to complete 2 laps of the course, returning to its start line. You are completing a 2 lap time trial, not a race.
- A Robot’s time trial ends if it completely leaves the arena during racing.
- A Robot’s time trial ends if it falls apart during a race.
- A Robot’s time trial ends if it has not completed 1 lap within the time limit of 1 minute.
- If no robot in the class completes two laps, the Robot that has gone the furthest in two minutes is the winning Robot.
LEGO GRADING RUBRIC - RACE CARS
______/100 points (4 pictures of your car turned into Google Classroom)
If you worked with a partner, make sure you make note of this
______/100 points (video of your car doing two laps)
______/100 points (load your NXT program to Google Classroom. You may have more than one program) You can program directly on the NXT or on a Desktop.
______/100 points- Everyone has to do this part (Write 100 words or more about your project. Answer why you designed your car this way. Did your design change? Why? What was the hardest part of construction? Explain how your program works and why you programmed it this way. Add any other pertinent information as well.
+100 points Extra credit for the winning race team!